Sunday, November 29, 2009

lotsa pictures!





Some categorical pics:

Category one: visitors

Some of my former students visited over Thanksgiving break.  We had fun catching up and hanging out, and Sawyer especially enjoyed when the boys visited.  I have been so blessed to work with such great students in our great community.  It was wonderful to see a few of them again.

Visitor one:  Jill.  Jill visited one afternoon when it was just Ridge and I.  She even held him and he loved it, so much so that he slobbered all over her shoulder.


Visitors two and three:  Awesome and Calep.  AKA Austin and Caleb.  Sawyer loves these dudes.  Probably because they never show up without super cool toys are just great guys.


Austin and the Ridger.


Caleb reading Brown Bear Brown Bear to Sawyer...backwards...per Sawyer's request.


The infamous sticky hand...and the spiderman punching bag.  These are only two of the insanities the guys provided our three year old with.  Craziest were the screaming balloon rockets, but I didn't get a picture of those.  That sticky hand....eww....you guys know I'm a germaphobe.

ALSO visiting that day was pal Stacy, but somehow I didn't remember to take a picture of her.  She held the Ridge a lot, too.  Good times.

Category TWO:  craftiness.

Maybe you've already seen these:.  This is one aspect of my craftiness here at the hospital.

Here is another, although this is the softest, it is not necessarily my favorite, of the scarves I've made.  
No, it isn't for Sawyer.  It's not manly enough.  And every scarf I've made is different, so if you're in the market for a scarf but don't like this one, don't judge. I will post more pics when I finish my current projects.

Here's some more craftiness...and if you follow my FB/Twitter stati, you know that I spoke of this as an epic fail.  Apparently, it wasn't as much of a fail as I thought.


It's not really higher on one side, he has it on lopsided. I promise.  So apparently, it actually fits.  It's a little loose around in circumference, but I can fix that.  I was worried about the length, but it was nothing a little blocking couldn't fix, apparently.  I'm not gonna lie.  I was stoked when he tried it on and looked that cute.  It's camouflage.
Last craftiness, thanks to Hobby Lobby.  If you are needing a cute, cheap craft, this is it.  Warning- no glue comes with it and Elmer's DOESN'T work.  Gotta break out the glue gun for this- or send your husband to Wal-Mart on Black Friday to buy one, like I did.  So now I even have a glue gun at the hospital.  Anyway, this craft is only $4.99, and it makes FOUR.  I think this would be so great for party favors/party crafts...and there are four different sets to pick from!!  Sooo cute.  Sawyer and I picked these out and made them Friday afternoon.  They are PUPPETS!


monkey, lion, toucan, hippo.

impressive.

Category Three:  the bet.

Brandon and I had a bet that we would/wouldn't be outta here by Thanksgiving. I won.  We weren't.  What did I win?  A pair of Tom's.  I had to be strategic here bc I asked for three pairs for Christmas.  So I couldn't buy a pair I'd asked for bc I didn't want to have to return anything, in CASE I actually get a pair like I asked for.  So I bought these:





Love em, hate em, whatever.  They are what I bought.  I like them.  mucho.
Category number FOUR:  brother time.







This chunky baby (no I didn't hurt him, I was easy, but his cheeks are so fat, I can see where this might look mean)....anyway, THIS chunky baby LOOOVES his brother.

See?











man.  lotsa pictures.  lotsa love.  give thanks!






1 comment:

  1. Hey Alisha! I hope you get this comment. I don't even know what post I ran onto. I love these photos! You are truly blessed! Your boys are adorable! Anyway, My "Grab My Button is the Green Butterfly in the right corner of my blog, above my Prayer Line. What you do is, copy the HTML code below it, carry it over to your blog, open your layout, click on add a gadget, click on Java Script third party...(I can't remember exactly what it says) anywaya screen will come up and then paste my button code to it. Then click and drag the rectangle or gadget anywhere you want to start your "Blogs that you read, or follow. Now for your button. Decide on a picture you want to use, save it to photobucket and go from there. You can use my button as an example, just put your blog and picture information in place of mine. I hope it works for you. If it doesn't work, look up the blog called Oikology101.com. I got that off blogger.com. I'm one of those people that no matter how hard I try, I cannot read instructions and do it. I am an auditory and visual learner, but it may be easy for you. I hope it works. Let me know so I can be the first to "Grab your Button! Love and prayers!

    PJ

    ReplyDelete